Preventive services are critical to a woman’s health, and cost has remained a burden for far too long. With the Department of Health and Human Services regulations going into effect on August 1, the following services will now be available without copays:
- Breastfeeding support, supplies, and counseling;
- Screening and counseling for interpersonal and domestic violence;
- Screening for gestational diabetes;
- DNA testing for high-risk strains of HPV;
- Counseling regarding sexually transmitted infections, including HIV;
- Screening for HIV;
- Contraceptive methods and counseling; and
- Well woman visits.
Tell us why you are celebrating these new requirements! You can share a personal story about the importance of preventive services, talk about why you are passionate about women’s health care, or write notes of congratulations to your fellow activists for getting the job done and passing health care reform legislation that includes these necessary services!
Each week of the party will have a different theme, so you can sign the guestbook as many times as you want. August starts on a Wednesday, so our themed weeks will also start on Wednesdays:
- August 1-7: Contraception
- August 8-14: Screening and counseling for interpersonal and domestic violence
- August 15-21: Maternal care (breastfeeding support, supplies, and counseling)
- August 22-28: Health education (screening for gestational diabetes; DNA testing for high-risk strains of HPV; counseling regarding sexually transmitted infections, including HIV; and screening for HIV)
- August 29-31: Well woman visits
The celebration continues all month, but you don’t want to show up late to the party! Sign the guestbook today and share with your friends and family.
Learn more about what preventive services will be covered at Healthcare.gov, as well as the other benefits for women such as the end of higher premiums for pre-existing conditions.